Did you know these facts about soup:
- **There are some really nice cold soup recipes, one of is called vichyssoise which combines potatoes & leeks.
- Soup has been said to cure the common cold (refer below)
- France has bouillabaisse, Japan has miso, Spain has gazpacho, Asia has tom yum, Russia has borscht and Greece has avgolemono.
- Mulligatawny soup is an Indian spice-filled soup adapted to British tastes in the days of colonial settlement.
- Cock-a-leekie dates back to the days of Shakespeare.
- Soup warms you up on a cold day (just in case you live somewhere hot and didn't know this important fact!)
University of Nebraska Medical Center physician/researcher Stephen Rennard, M.D., challenged an age-old folk remedy by taking chicken soup from the kitchen to the laboratory. The results of the study are published in the October 17, 2000 issue of the international journal, Chest -- the Cardiopulmonary and Critical Care Journal.
There is nothing better on a cold winter's night than a bowl of steaming pumpkin soup. ingredients 500g pumpkin (any sort) peeled and chopped 1 litre chicken stock 1 finger (about 2 centimetres long) ...